- a. What information We collect;
- b. How We collect and use that information;
- c. How You can provide information selectively, and how You can access and update this information; and
- d. How We process, share, and protect Your information.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- 1.1 User Information
- 1.1.1 In order to access Our Website, You may be required to provide Us with information in the nature of Your name, email address, mobile number, the company/ organization You work for, title, designation, physical addresses (collectively, “User Information”).
- 1.1.2 We may also collect User Information when You visit any of Our offices to enquire about, or avail Our Services or attend any seminars, webinars, conferences, or events organised by Us. Further, We may collect User Information that You provide Us with for attending meetings held at Our offices such as accessibility and dietary requirements. Such User Information can imply or suggest a member’s health or other information which may include Sensitive Personal Data or Information (SPDI). You agree and acknowledge that such information is only collected temporarily for the aforesaid limited purposes and consent to Our collection thereof.
- 1.2 Demographic Information
- We may collect from You, information which is not unique to You and refers to selected population characteristics (“Demographic Information”) including age, gender and current location details.
- 1.3 Behavioural Information
- We may also collect information about how You use the Website and information about Your mobile device and software including usage statistics, track data, Your IP address, browser and operating system type, domain names, access times, locations, and details regarding the parts of the Website that You access (“Behavioural Information”).
- 1.4 Indirect Information
- Your use of certain third-party services on the Website also requires Us to collect such information as is considered necessary for that purpose (“Indirect Information”).
- 1.4.2 The IT Act and the SPDI Rules regulate the collection, usage, retention, and disclosure of personal information, which is defined under the SPDI Rules as any information that relates to a natural person, which, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available to a body corporate, is capable of identifying such person (“Personal Information”).
- 1.4.3 The SPDI Rules further define “Sensitive Personal Data or Information” (“SPDI”) of a person as Personal Information about that person relating to:
b. financial information such as details of bank accounts, credit cards, debit cards or other payment instruments;
c. physical, physiological, and mental health condition;
d. sexual orientation;
e. medical records and history;
f. biometric information;
g. any detail relating to the above categories, as specified in this paragraph, as provided to the body corporate for providing services; and
h. any of the information received under the above categories, as specified in this paragraph, by a body corporate for processing, stored or processed under lawful contract or otherwise.
- 1.4.5 In the event of a change in the law applicable to data protection in India, You hereby expressly consent to Our continued use, storage, collection and disclosure of Your Information including Personal Information to the fullest extent permitted under such applicable law. We may reach out to You for obtaining additional consents and approvals as required under the amended law and You will be required to comply with such requests. Should You choose to not provide Us with such additional consents and approvals, We may have to discontinue your access to the Website.
- 1.4.6 You may choose to not provide Us with or withdraw any or all information included under Personal Information, but in the event that You do so, We may be unable to allow you to access the Website or otherwise avail services for the provision of which your information is being collected or processed.
- 1.5 Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- 1.6 Information from other Sources
- We may receive information about You from other sources, such as when the account is created on the Website.
2. HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
- We use the information we collect from and about You for a variety of purposes, including to:
- a. process and respond to Your queries;
b. administer the Website and diagnose technical problems;
c. enable us to show You content that is relevant to You;
e. generate and review reports and data about, and to conduct research on, Our user base and service usage patterns;
f. provide You with customer support;
g. carry out Our obligations and enforce Our rights arising from any contracts entered into between You or a School on behalf of You and Us, including the usage of the Website;
h. notify You about changes to the Website;
i. allow You to participate in interactive features offered through the Website;
j. in any other way We may describe when You provide the information;
k. to enhance the quality of services We provide You on the Website;
l. for our internal training and analytics purposes; and
m. for any other purpose with Your consent.
3. HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION
- a. General Information Disclosures
- i. To contractors, service providers and other third-parties whom We use to support Our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which We disclose it to them.
- iii. To third-parties to market their products or services to You if You have consented to receive the promotional updates. Some of these service providers and other third parties, such as analytics providers, may collect information about Your online activities over time and across different websites or online services when You use the Website. We are not responsible for the actions of third parties, nor are We responsible for any additional information You provide directly to any third parties.
- iv. To fulfil the purpose for which You provide it.
- b. Service Providers
- We may share Your information with outside vendors that We use for a variety of purposes, such as to push notifications to Your mobile device on Our behalf, help us analyze use of the Website. We also may use vendors for other projects, such as conducting surveys or organizing sweepstakes for us. We may share information about You with these vendors only to enable them to perform their services.
- c. Legal Purposes
- If We believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect Our rights, property, or safety, or that of Our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection.
- e. Consent
- We may share Your information in any other circumstances which shall be subject to Your consent.
4. ACCESSING AND MODIFYING YOUR INFORMATION
- We will take reasonable steps to accurately record the personal information that You provide to Us and any subsequent updates. We encourage You to review, update, and correct the personal information that We maintain about You, and You may request that We delete personal information about You that is inaccurate, incomplete, or irrelevant for legitimate purposes, or are being processed in a way which infringes any applicable legal requirement.
- Your right to review, update, correct, and delete Your personal information may be limited, subject to the applicable laws and shall not be accepted for the following (but not limited to) reasons: (i) if Your requests are abusive or unreasonably excessive, (ii) where the rights or safety of another End User(s) would be encroached upon, or (iii) if the information or material You request relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between You and Us, or providing access to You would prejudice negotiations between us or an investigation of possible unlawful activity. Your right to review, update, correct, and delete Your information is subject to Our records retention policies and applicable law, including any statutory retention requirements.
- Further, We shall not be responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties or events that are beyond Our reasonable control including but not limited to acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorised access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, etc.
6. THIRD PARTY LINKS AND SERVICES
7. DATA RETENTION
7.1 We will put in place measures such that Your Personal Information, which is in Our possession or under Our control, is destroyed and/or anonymized as soon as and in any case, within 5 (five) years of it being reasonable to assume that (i) the Purpose for which that Personal Information was collected is no longer being served by the retention of such Personal Information; and (ii) retention is no longer necessary for any other reason including applicable law.
7.3 We, however, reserve the right to retain, store and use Your Information including Personal Information for Our business purposes, whether such Information has been deleted or not. After a period of time, Your data may be anonymized and aggregated, and then may be held by Us as long as necessary for Us to provide Our Services effectively.
7.4 Please note that Your withdrawal of consent to use Your Personal Information may result in Us not being able to provide You with access to the Website or terminate any existing relationship that We may have with You.
You agree and undertake to indemnify Us in any suit or dispute by any third party arising out of disclosure of information by You to third parties either through Our Website or otherwise, and Your use and access of websites, applications, and resources of third parties. We assume no liability for any actions of third parties with regard to Your Information or Personal Information which You may have disclosed to such third parties.
9. GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL
In the event of any grievance arising from the usage of the Website, you can address your grievances to the grievances redressal forum of Sarthak Advocates and Solicitors. In accordance to the provision of the Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules made there under, the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided below:
Abhishek Nath Tripathi,